PPSC Organizational Structure
- The Philippine Public Safety College System shall consist of the following offices:
- Office the President - The President of the Philippine Public Safety College System shall be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) responsible for its overall organization, administration and operations, with the following specific powers and functions:
- Formulate such academic programs, curriculums and standards for degree and non-degree courses of study, including the conduct of distance education and training programs in line with the qualifications and service upgrading programs for the public safety services, compatible with its mandated role and institutional vision to attain competent standards of public safety education and training:
- Coordinate with respective Bureau Chiefs in the formulation and implementation of Programs of Instruction (POI) and Curriculum:
- Grant and confer academic degrees and diplomas and proficiency certificate for non-degree courses:
- Provide and maintain adequate modern academic facilities and equipment, libraries and other support system:
- Conduct seminar-workshops, consultation meetings and conference, research and development studies to support the administrative an academic programs of the Philippine Public Safety College System, including the engagement of services of appropriate consultants, resource persons and expert:
- Conduct continuing comprehensive review and analysis of the academic needs and requirements of its clientele, curriculums and standards, staff and faculty, operational system, and overall organizational performance, and take appropriate actions thereon to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Philippine Public Safety College System:
- Create a culture of excellence and quality service through multi-sectoral linkages, both local and international, faculty and staff development, facility and equipage modernization, and organizational and systems development:
- Implement its Expenditure Program to effectively support the administrative, logistical and academic programs of the Philippine Public Safety College System:
- Submit to the Board of Trustees an Annual Report covering the status of the organization, administration, operations and plans and programs of the Philippine Public Safety College System:
- Recommend to the President of the Philippines the appointments of all level 3 positions:
- Recommend to the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) the staffing pattern of the PPSC System coordination with the Civil Service Commission (CSC); and
- Perform such other related powers and function to effectively attain its vision and mission or as prescribed by the Board of Trustees:
Office of the Vice President for Administration - Responsible for assisting the President in the functional supervision to ensure well-planned, directed and coordinated services relating to procurement, distribution and storage of supplies, property and equipment; records, correspondence, disbursements, transportation, custodial and general utility services; staff advice and assistance on budgetary and financial matters; manpower career planning and development, personnel transaction; chairing the Administrative Board performs other related activities in coordination with the Vice President for Academics, and acts in behalf of the Philippine Public Safety College System President on matters within his/her jurisdiction.
- Executive Director - Serves as Chief of Staff responsible for the proper coordination and orchestration of the activities Office of the President and perform other related functions as directed by the President.
- Secretariat Office - Responsible for support services for the Board of Trustees, Central Office and other boards and committees: prepares the minutes of all conferences and meetings: keeps the Philippines Public Safety College System seal; authenticates Board resolutions and other issuances; maintains all files and records thereof, and performs other related services.
- Center for Special Public Safety Projects
- Responsible for the development, handling and enhancement of the special public safety programs that are necessary to uplift the quality of education and training within the PPSC System. It shall serve as the focal point for linkages with other concerned agencies with respect to the identified special public safety program. It shall also endeavor to formulate programs that will lead to the mainstreaming of that special public safety concern with the regular courses offered within the different PPSC units.
- Inspectorate and Legal Office - Responsible for providing legal advice/ counsel for the Philippine Public Safety College System; prepares opinions respecting questions of laws; conducts periodic inspections and performance audits of all Philippine Public Safety College System offices and services; and performs related services.
- Public Affairs Office - Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive public affairs and responsive public assistance programs for the Philippine Public Safety College System; provides support services to the Philippine Public Safety College System President; develops public relations and information programs for the Philippine Public Safety College System; serve as the Historical Office of the Philippine Public Safety College System; recommends the procurement and subscriptions of periodicals and references for office use; and performs other related services.
- Office of the Internal Auditor - Responsible for the internal audit system; monitors compliance of laws, rules and regulations and internal policies; ascertains the extent to which the assets and other resources of the Philippine Public Safety College System are utilized and accounted for; reviews and evaluate the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and operating controls; provides the most effective control system therefor at reasonable cost; and performs other related services.
- Office of the Chaplain - Responsible for the spiritual and moral enhancement programs of the Philippine Public Safety College System; serve as its spiritual and moral adviser/counselor; and provides support services therefore; and performs other related services.
- Central Registrar's Office - Responsible for the integration and consolidation all the students of the academic and scholastic files and records of the Philippine Public Safety College System; serve as the official repository of all academic and records of graduates as the Philippine Public Safety College System and performs other related services.
- Human Rights Affairs Office - Responsible for the human rights activities for the entire PPSC System, and shall undertake research and studies to continuously update and enhance human rights education for the PPSC in consultation with duty-holders and stakeholders on human rights.
- Center for Sports Development - Plan, coordinate and evaluate the sports development program/projects of the PPSC; establish linkages with government and non-government organizations regarding sports development; and perform other functions as maybe assigned by higher authorities.
Office of the Vice President for Academics - Responsible for assisting the President in the functional supervision to ensure well-planned, directed and coordinated services relating to all academic programs, formulation of programs of instruction and curriculums and standards, faculty conduct of researches in support of curriculum and faculty development; chairing the Philippine Public Safety College System Academic Board performs other related matters in coordination with the Vice President for Administration, and acts in behalf of the Philippine Public Safety College System President on matters within his/her jurisdiction.
- Center for Communication and Information Technology - Responsible for the establishment, development and maintenance of communication system, computer networking, PPSC website, database and software applications. Prepares/formulates the PPSC information system strategic plan and recommends the conduct of training on communication and information technology. Provides technical support to all offices and operating units and performs other related services.
B. Central Services Group - It shall be responsible for providing staff services and exerting functional relationship over the Constitutive Institutions in terms of overall planning and programming, guidance, policy formulation, program coordination and implementation to be headed by Service Chiefs, as follows:
- General Administrative Support Service - Provides administrative support services and communication system; installation security and housekeeping and other general services; personnel payroll and other disbursement s; responsible for logistics management and installations, preparation of construction/repairs programs; and undertaking of repairs and maintenance work; physical development plans; formulation of policies and regulations regarding the procurement, storage, materials and equipment; formulates policies and guidelines relative to the safekeeping and maintenance of vehicles, equipment and facilities; and performs other related functions.
- Budget Management Services - Prepares the Philippine Public Safety College System Annual Budget, fiscal reports and presents/defends estimates before administrative and legislative bodies and ensures strict observance of fiscal policies in the implementation of the Philippine Public Safety College System Budget through the conduct of periodic Program Review and Analysis (PRA) meetings; provides policy guidance on all matters relative to collection and deposit of cash and preparation of checks for all processed vouchers for payment of Philippine Public Safety College System obligations; obligates and certifies availability of funds, provides techniques, procedures, standards and guidelines on cost accounting; maintains basic and subsidiary accounting records and books of accountants to reflect accurately the current financial information's based on the existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations as required by management; supervises and accounts for the receipts, collections and custody of trust funds and disbursement of Philippine Safety College System funds, and prepares and maintains records and statements pertaining to cash disbursements; and performs other related functions.
- Planning, Research and Development Service - Formulates general policies, strategies and operational plans for the Philippine Public Safety College System; monitors and evaluates periodically the progress of projects under implementations against set standards and objectives; conducts research analysis of Philippine Public Safety College System programs, projects and activities; provides technical services to all other services and operating units on research and evaluation of statistics; and performs other related functions.
- Personnel and Records Management Service - Formulates the Human Resource Management and Development (HRMD) of the Philippine Public Safety College System; insures that Civil Service Laws and Rules are observed and implemented; implements the Philippine Public Safety College System Disciplinary System; overseas health services; promotes the general discipline, morale, welfare and well-being of personnel; maintains and secures all personnel records and files; serves as the depository of administrative records, provides policy guidance of the maintenance, prepares and maintains the PPSC Serenity and Lined List; disposition of records; and prepares appropriate Special Order and General Order and related issuances; issuance of clearance; and performs other related functions.
- Curriculum and Standards Development Service - Formulate policies and guidelines on education and training programs; prepares Programs of Instruction; and develops curriculums and standards; conducts continuing monitoring and evaluation of all course offerings to ensure their implementation and for the determination of the academic and technical proficiency of students; and or new courses of study and performs other related functions.
- Faculty Development Service - Classifies faculty ranking; evaluates and assesses the performance of the faculty; prepares and maintains the Faculty Corps List; formulates and implements faculty/instructional development programs and activities; participate in the selection of candidates for scholarship/study grants; and serve as the secretariat of the Department of the Interior and Local Government Inter-Agency Scholarship Committee and coordinates with foreign embassies/countries concerning scholar/study grants.
C. Constitutive Institutions and Schools - The powers and functions of the constitutive Institutions and Public Safety Regional Training Schools shall be formulated by them in accordance with their respective academic programs, except the Philippine National Police Academy which is governed by its Academic Charter under PD 1780, and they shall exercise such powers and functions inherent in their respective jurisdictions to ensure the successful accomplishment of their programs and undertakings, subject to the approval of the Philippine Public Safety College System President.
- Public Safety Training School units, as tasked by the Philippine Public Safety College System President, shall serve as tri-service facilities of the Philippine Public Safety College System.
- Off-campus classes shall be conducted only upon the approval of the Philippine Public Safety College System President.
D. Administrative Board - The Administrative Board shall be composed of the Vice President for Administration as Chair, with the Vice President for Academic as Co-Chair, and the Central Service Chiefs, including concerned directors of constitutive Institutions and Legal Officer, as Members, Majority of the members present shall constitute a quorum to do business and shall convene on such days and time as it may determine. It shall have the following powers and functions;
- Formulate systems, policies, rules and regulations on administration and human resource development, subject to the approval of the Philippine Public Safety College System;
- Deliberate on administrative cases involving non-uniformed personnel within fifteen (15) days upon receipt thereof and submit immediately its decisions for approval of the Philippine Public Safety College System President;
- Review administrative cases on appeal and submit immediately its decisions to Philippine Public Safety College System President for approval in consonance with existing Civil Service Laws and Rules, which will be final and executor and no further appeal will be entertained; and
- Discharge such other powers and functions as may be delegated to it by the Philippine Public Safety College System President.
E. Academic Board - The Academic Board shall be composed of the Vice President for Academics as Chair, with the Vice President for Administration as Co-Chair, and the Constitutive directors and Legal including concerned service Chiefs as Members. Majority of the members present shall constitute a quorum to do business and shall convene on such days and time as it may determine. It shall have the following powers and functions;
- Formulate system, policies, rules and regulations on courses of study and academic standards, subject to approval of the Philippine Public Safety College System President;
- Formulate and review all courses of study for approval of the Philippine Public Safety College System President;
- Deliberate on academic cases on approval involving dismissal and suspensions within fifteen (15) days upon receipt thereof and submit immediately its decisions to the Philippine Public Safety College System President for approval, which shall be final and executory and no further appeal will be entertained; and
- Discharge such other powers and functions as may be delegated to it by the Philippine Public Safety College System President.